Sunday, February 15, 2009

Daytona 500 Snacks


Red pears, Asian pears, baby carrots, smoked salmon, sliced brie, mozzarella, zuchini and celery


Hard salami, capicola, asparagus spears, assortment of marinated ripe and green olives and peppers

Crackers - Sociables, Ritz Crisps and Ritz Vegetable Crisps

Chris definitely loves getting his snacks together when it is time to watch a sporting event. He is eating now, and is very vocal about how good it is.
We went out to eat last night to a local Italian restaurant. I was given a gift basket for being one of the top individual walkers for the Heart Association Heart Walk, and in the basket, was a gift gard to a local restaurant. I realized it was about to expire (on the 16th) so we decided we should use it. We went early because it was Valentine's Day.
Back to our dinner last night, I got the Piccata Pollo (chicken) with fettucine pesto, and it was WONDERFUL!!! I had eaten at the restaurant at lunch several times and had never really liked it. So, I was only going because I had the $40 gift card. We will definitely go back!! We ordered the calamari for an appetizer - it was so tender and flavorful. Chris ordered the Steak Marsala - an 8 oz Sirloin. It was so big, he thinks it had to be a 12 oz steak. The entire bill was only $48. We thought that was very reasonable. I ended up bringing 1/2 of mine home there was so much food. That was the best pesto I've ever had.
We were so full that we decided to take a walk. It was such a beautiful night.
Since it was early, and we had some time once we finished eating, I suggested we go to the Fresh Market. We had never been. They have so many wonderful things there, wish we hadn't waited so long to go. Chris bought the majority of his "snacks" there, and we both saw many things we want. We had to tell ourselves that we didn't need to buy it all on the first trip. The store is only 10 minutes from where I work, and 30 minutes from where we live - so it is easy to get to.


No comments: