Sunday, March 1, 2009

New ride

A few months ago, I started having some trouble with the transmission in my car, so I parked it and started driving Chris's truck. I had been trying to decide to fix the car or buy a new one. I didn't want to make a hasty decision so I kept driving the truck.

I finally decided that I wanted to start looking at new cars. Had no idea what I would even want. The first car I ever bought was a 1980 Cutlass Calais. Then, I had a 1988 Toyota Camry, a Honda Accord, a Toyota Avalon, a Nissan Pathfinder, a Nissan Maxima... so I wasn't sure. I think the Avalon was my all time favorite, but the Maxima was a close 2nd.

I missed having an SUV... so, what to do?

Chris and I went out to eat last week, and on a whim stopped at the Nissan dealership. I sat in a Rogue and didn't like it at all, the top of Chris's head was brushing the top of the ceiling - way too small.

He said there's a Murano... I almost said no right away, because I have never really liked them. But, there's a new body style, and we sat in it, and took it for a brief test drive. My mind was starting to change some.

Well, we left and talked about it, and did some research, and then on Friday my friend Edna and I went out and had another test drive.

Yesterday Chris and I went back, and did an extended test drive. I was seriously considering walking away from the whole thing when I realized it doesn't have a heated steering wheel which I am used to in the Maxima. It's a feature I love. Long story short, we did the numbers, and then Chris and I walked around the lot and talked over all of the pros and cons. And, at the end of the day, we made the deal.

I ended up with a 2009 SL Nissan Murano. Loving it. All sorts of bells and whistles. Haven't had time to really let all of the stuff it will do soak in yet. I watched the video they gave me, and in a little while, I think I'm going to have to go run an errand or two, or maybe three... LOL

No comments: