So, I had the surgery on my right hand. The surgery itself wasn't bad. The surgery center was great, really wonderful staff, everything moved right on along. I arrived at 11:3o, and I think I was home by 3, if not sooner.
I woke up with my hand in a pretty stiff bandage. I could feel, but it was mostly numbness. At home, I went straight to bed, and elevated my hand as instructed. And took the pain pills right on schedule. Doc told Chris to make sure that I kept them in my system. I haven't had a pain pill since Thursday morning at 6:30 am. So, that has been a good thing.
Very quickly I learned that there are so many limitations with only having one hand, esp when it is your dominant hand. Chris has been great, right there helping me with everything. As the days have gone by (I'm 4 days post op now), I'm able to do so much more. I'm learning to be creative. I am able to type now.
I went to work on Friday, but was only able to type left handed, writing wasn't happening at all, so I spent some time returning some phone calls. I'm really glad that I can type now, that should make next week at work easier.
Just to think, I have to do this again on the other hand in the not so distant future. At least I'll be a little more prepared.
But for now... I'm ready... to have the bandage off, the stitches out, and start the next phase of recovery.
1 comment:
Oh good luck! At least you're able to type four days post op! That's helpful!
Post a Comment