We made it to another milestone yesterday. It was day 120, or in other words 4 months since Willy's tumor was detected. Now we're on our way to our next milestone, 1 day in and counting. He's already beat the 80 days by 21. He is doing so well. His hair is growing back at a pretty good pace. I'll be glad when it is back. I'd say it's about 1/3 of the way there, maybe a little more.
This morning, I spent some time tossing out some of his toys that have seen better days and kept his favorites. Of course, that sparked some interest in what was put back in the box. He has a mat for scratching that he used to lay on all of the time. He hasn't been interested in it for months. I sat down with a brush and got all of the cat hair off of it. and noticed a zipper on the back. I unzipped it and pulled out a bag of catnip, one I'm assuming has lost it's zip - therefore, the loss of interest in the mat.
I got up to go get some catnip to refresh it, and came back to find him lying on the mat, (curiosity & cat... what can you say?) I got out my camera to take a few photos. I changed it to record when he started chasing his tail. I've always wanted a video of him chasing his tail, but never could seem to get one. So, catching that on tape made me happy. I'll try to get it uploaded soon.
Thanking God every day for the fact that Willy is doing so well. Believing for many more of those good days.
No comments:
Post a Comment