Saturday, July 6, 2013

Lackadaisical

That's how I'm feeling in a word, lackadaisical.  I had such plans for this weekend, granted, it is early on Saturday morning still... I did get up and walk a mile even though it seemed to be more of strolling a mile, but it was a mile nonetheless.  Instead of my usual 20 minute mile, I was closely approaching a 30 minute mile.

I started a new medication on Wednesday - it's just a little pill, and I only take half, but it seems to pack a wallop.  I looked it up this morning, yeah yeah, I know - maybe I should have looked it up BEFORE I sarted taking it, but my cardiologist said it's a well tolerated, low side-effect drug.  Did he know *who* he was talking to?!  Turns out it is a steroid... ugh! 

I think that is why I'm so wiped out - sounds like a good enough reason anyway.

I tried the water and salt route for over a year, and while it helped, it just didn't seem to be enough. So, I'm giving this a shot.  It's supposed to take 10 days before I notice any difference, I took my 4th pill this morning, hoping I can hang on, and hoping it works.  Fingers crossed.

In other news, I'm trying to find homes for a Mama Kitty and her 4 kittens. They took up at the house a couple of weeks ago and don't seem to even be thinking about leaving.  They are all adorable, but the kittens just aren't warming up to me.  Any takers?
They have totally destroyed Chris's tarp...

One of the few shots of all 4 of them together, after all, it is like herding cats...

 


Mama Kitty.  She's such a good mama.

 
 
My parents are taking the solid gray one and the lighter gray striped one.  So, that leaves 3... raise your hands please, pretty please... pretty, pretty please.
 
Oh, and if the solid gray one is a boy, I want to name him Dapper.
 
And... Chris and I finally joined the rest of the USA and signed up for Netflix.  We are wondering why we waited so long.  Redbox, you're on the outs for a while.  We'll visit when you have some new releases, maybe.
 
And sorry blog, I've neglected you too long...
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

ashley said...

I feel bad I can't help to take a kitty off your hands. With three dogs and a new baby on the way, I think it's safe to say we're just not in the right place right now. Ha! I'm glad of all places, the mama kitty took up in your backyard. She must have known you had a soft heart for little kitties...but I'm sorry it's now your responsibility to find them homes. Glad to see you blogging again! :) :)