Sunday, February 24, 2008

David Copperfield


So, last September, my boss's wife planned ahead, she bought her husband tickets to see David Copperfield for his January birthday, for a February show in Atlanta. She had me block out his schedule, which I did. So, she gave him the tickets, and he didn't realize it, but he scheduled 2 BIG surgeries on that date, so - they couldn't make it. She called me around 3 pm on the day of the show and asked if Chris and I wanted the tickets. I felt so badly that he couldn't go, I had even reminded him the day before that he was off, I didn't remember why (I had blocked the reason out of my mind so I wouldn't spoil the surprise), and he kept telling me he wasn't off... So, I called Chris, we worked it out schedule wise and we went to the show.
It was AMAZING! You know there is a trick, but you can't figure out what it is. Your mind just can't absorb it as quickly as it happens.
He was very interactive with the audience, and even came down and chose the girl next to Chris to go up on stage, so we got very close to him. The show was relaxed, but very well rehearsed. We enjoyed the show and it ranks up there with one of the best we have ever gone to.
So, thanks for the tickets!! (Sorry you couldn't go). Everything was magical about that night. The traffic was perfect, we got in the HOV lane and cruised north. It is easy on, easy off. The seats were GREAT, the venue, the Cobb Energy Centre is fabulous, the seats were comfortable. When the show was over, we walked outside in the perfect weather and saw the crowd milling around and pointing up into the sky - the lunar eclipse was happening, so we got to stand there and watch it. The parking was great, we got a space close to the entrance and no one parked near us. No long lines leaving. Perfect traffic home - a magical night.

No comments: