Saturday, August 2, 2008

Simple things

When the cat is hungry, he makes sure that I know it, whether I'm sleeping, sitting on the sofa, or just passing through the house - he makes it known in some fashion that it is time to feed him. He typically starts with the feed me dance about 5:30 AM - which includes but is not limited to walking on my hair (ouch!), getting as close to my face as he can without actually touching me and purring like a car engine revving, standing on top of me - all 14 lbs of him, walking over me back and forth, etc, until I give up. On the weekends, he's a little better about letting me sleep a little longer, but not much. I'm usually up before 7. (who needs an alarm clock?!) This morning, I woke up and looked at the clock, it was 7:35! I sat up and Willy was lounging at the foot of the bed. I got up and walked into the computer room where Chris was to tell him good morning.

He said good morning, and "oh, I fed Willy". Ah ha! That's why he wasn't bugging me!!

Thank you Chris, it's the simple things that make me smile.

No comments: