I went to bed last night with a heavy heart after the election results came in. I've not liked results before, but I've never been so saddened and scared by results. Life as we have known it in the United States is over. I pray for us, I pray for future generations. I hope I am only nervous, but in my heart, I know that something life changing has happened to our country, and I don't think the change is going to be good for any of us.
The failure to salute our flag - rumor? His associations with known terrorists exaggerated? His middle name... well, should I make a public statement about how I feel about that? I could go on with the things that make me concerned, these are just small examples.
I woke up this morning, trying to sort out my emotions, and my phone rang, it was my boss, calling to gloat, to rub in the victory of his candidate - I asked him if it was okay to tell my boss "screw you", he laughed and said "it's a free country". My response was "maybe not for long". He came into my office this afternoon and off and on for an hour or two, he gloated. At other times during the day, I received phone calls and text messages, and had face to face conversations with people just as upset as I am about the outcome. My boss called me a sore loser, I told him that I'm not a sore loser, I'm a scared loser.
One friend told me that we still have God on our side, and we still have prayer. Those thoughts did make me feel better. I am a Christian, and I know God is there for us.
Someone told me "it's only 4 years, (hopefully) so maybe it won't be too bad".
John McCain's speech last night was amazing - and it made me all the more certain that he was the right man for the job. Maybe he can be the one in the future to be elected to clean up the mess that is coming. I also believe Sarah Palin capable of cleaning up the mess.
God Bless America, now more than ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment