Friday, April 24, 2009

Randomness

It's been a while since I've posted much other than photos, so I thought I'd catch up a little. It's going to be random and in no particular order.

Tomorrow, Susan, Tonya and I are going to Tennessee to our friend Gina's wedding. Leaving early in the morning, making a day trip of it. I'll be taking the photos of the wedding. Hope I do a good job for her. Weather should be good for both a day trip and a wedding.

I decided to finally set up Quicken on my new laptop. So, I was entering my savings account, and the math didn't make sense, and since those of you who know me know that it isn't my strongest area, I asked Chris to take a look. Well, did you know, that when you add $14.66 in interest, your account balance goes down by $10? And then, you deposit your regular amount out of your paycheck, that it shows up as there, but doesn't add into the balance. So, I have to give them a call and hope they can figure it out. If not, Aunt Sally might have to go up there for me and give a math 101 lesson.

I started to twitter at the request from a few friends. Having fun with it. Kinda cool. Hope I don't turn out to be a total bore for my "followers".

Also, transferred my iTunes library from one laptop to another, and successfully synced it to my iPhone, so all is good.

Bought tickets to the Gordon Lightfoot concert.

Bought tickets to Sesame Street Live; When Elmo Grows Up. I thought it'd be fun for an Aunt Jules and Katie Beth outing. Her dad said it would be okay and that we'd work out the mid-week transportation somehow.

Yanni concert was GREAT! I still prefer his music over the Yanni Voices concert which is his new direction. Of the four singers, I liked Nathan the best. I was a little surprised by the Chloe dance on the piano. But, he played some of his music without Voices, and I got to hear my all time favorites.

Got my car detailed today by the dealership. It was raining the day I bought it and off and on ever since. When it hasn't been raining, I've either had a meeting or an appointment, or work has just been too busy to get by there. She's all shiny! By the way, I've gotten into the habit of naming my cars... somehow, this one got the name Abigail. It just suited her. I tried several, and this one stuck for some reason. So, if you hear me refer to Abby, I'm talking about my car.

Chris has been down in his back. Poor guy... but he is better today than he has been. He's gone to visit the chiropractor and gotten two adjustments.

I started following my friend Ashley's blog, Kindredly.

Wordjong has become my favorite iPhone game app. I also downloaded the Dictionary.com app, and I am going to try to be able to spell that word every day in Wordjong. Chris and I also talk about the word of the day every morning now when we are getting ready for work. Gainsay is the word of the day today. I haven't played Wordjong today because I've been so busy with everything else.

Well, it's after midnight now, so I should quit blogging and head for bed since I have to get up early tomorrow for the road trip.

1 comment:

ashley said...

i hope your trip was great! I hope you like Kindredly...kind of a random collection of my various rants and shopping sprees.

MISS YOU!!