Monday, June 1, 2009

Milestones, cleaning and Life School Musical

I can't believe I forgot to mention that I reached another milestone - one month without Coca-Cola on the 26th. I'm still sticking with it.

I've also been diagnosed with pernicious anemia and am getting B12 shots - I feel so much better. Didn't actually know that I felt so bad! Guess that is where I'm getting all of the cleaning out energy that I've had lately.

Yesterday, I got up early and started on the kitchen. I started pulling everything out of the cabinets, called Chris in "for a minute" and about 5 hours later we finished. We were ruthless - we only kept the things that we really use. After we went through the cabinets - we started on the pantry. I'm almost ashamed at the state the pantry got in - we didn't even know what we had. We tossed so much, and now we know exactly what we have. I organized all of the storage containers. Willy has his own shelf of food and treats, etc. Was able to find a home for all of the kitchen gadgets that were awaiting attention.

I have a few more boxes that I want to go through, and finally - our two households will be merged! Chris and I each moved our lives in the house and we didn't quite have enough room for all of it and it was so easy to just stick it in a room and shut the door -- and of course the garage got it's share. It's almost all done - I'd say 75%.

I am really happy with the progress and the results are the best part!

Scrapbook stuff is sorted and what I kept is organized. A few people have gone through the give-away goodies and loaded up. I have a few more people lined up to come get what they want. There is still a LOT left.

Last night, we went to see Anna Grace in the Life School Musical at her church. She did a great job. The whole production was great. We really enjoyed it. Enjoyed the dinner at Longhorn's afterwards with family.

No comments: