Saturday, May 22, 2010

Unintended joy

For Christmas, Chris got me a porch swing.  He installed it on the back porch, the screened in porch.  I loved it and looked so forward to the weather getting warm enough so I could enjoy the swing.

Finally, that day arrived and very soon, Willy and I started spending part of the evening on the swing together while Chris sat in his chair on the other end of the porch, and we talked, and enjoyed each other's company.

The unintended joy has been watching Willy enjoy the swing by himself, especially since he's been sick.  More often than not, that's where he is.  I'll go out there and give him a push.  I stand in the house and look out the window, just to watch him in the swing.  It warms my heart, and gives me joy.  I know Chris got it for me to enjoy, but I don't think he realized that it would bring me so much joy in more than one way.  Thank you Chris.

No comments: