It started with boogers. Cute little Gabby was sporting these ugly black boogers. We'd wipe her nose, a process she was not fond of, but they came back.
Then the sneezing started, a little dainty sneeze, maybe once a day. Nothing that really concerned me, I'd wait for the next one, and it might appear the next day, or not at all.
On Friday, she sneezed three times in a span of a few minutes. So, I called the vet's office, they said bring her at 3:15. This is the same vet's office where she lived for about 2 months while waiting to be adopted out and while being treated for a nasty case of coccidia.
I had a sense of deja vu walking through those doors with a cat carrier on my shoulder. They were happy to see their little friend, the sweetest one, the most playful one. She on the other hand, wasn't so wild about her visit, but despite that - she was a sweet girl.
A sweet girl with an upper respiratory infection, a mild one, but we have to start her on some treatment. You'd never know by looking at her, except for the boogers. She has not slowed down in the least. She's full of energy, and into everything.
Liquid Clavamox twice a day - and let me tell you - that process is NOT fun. There's power in those little legs when they are in fight or flight mode.
And then, because kittens can be a little pre-disposed to viruses, Lysine powder twice a day. Memories instantly flooded back to me, and I had to bite back the tears. I was giving Willy the Lysine powder twice a day to help keep the viruses away from his battered immune system. I told her that I still had a jar, an almost full jar because the cancer was stronger than the viruses.
So, now I'm doling out Lysine powder to my little girl, with a jab in my heart each time I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment