- Decided I really don't need that Estee Lauder moisturizer for $60 a bottle after I spilled it on the floor mat, I must confess, I scooped up what was on the top and didn't actually touch the mat. My wallet can't take my random clumsiness.
- Found out the hard way that having your brows done at "The Brow Line" is much more painful than having them ripped off with wax. I really didn't want to cry right there in the mall with all of those people walking by, it was hard not to, but I managed. Vowed to myself that it is wax for me. Watching those women trimming brows with thread looks so innocent... take my word for it, keep right on walking.
- Pampered myself and bought a kindle. Loving it!
- Feeling a tad bit old because my nephew turned 16.
- Had to buy a new laptop, my monitor was going out on my Gateway even though it wasn't quite two years old, our IT guy told me it'd cost nearly as much to fix it as it would be to get a new one. I ended up getting a Toshiba with an extended 8 1/2 hour battery. Feeling a little spoiled not having to keep it plugged up as much as I had to charge my Gateway.
- Thought I was going to get the go ahead to quit wearing my back brace, no such luck, although I don't have to wear it as much.
- Feeling so very grateful to all of the people who have so generously supported our fund raising efforts.
- Taking better care of myself, will post more on it later, when I have so much more to post about. But let's just say things are going well.
- Happy that the repair on the A/C at my rental property only set me back $300. It could have been much worse.
- We took a long weekend trip to Florida to rally with other Ural owners. Had a great time.
- Got to see my friend Dee while we were in Florida, good to get to spend a few hours with her.
- Took an airboat ride while in Florida - saw several gators.
- Boarded Gabby while we were gone. I am really having a problem knowing that she was in a cage the entire time we were gone. So... to get ready for our next trip, my Mom said she'll Gabby-sit. I'm very grateful for that. I took her for a playdate so she and Lucy (my mom's dog) could get to know each other. It was going okay, until I was walking by and they both decided to run and I ended up stepping on Gabby's foot. She thinks Lucy hurt her, and wouldn't come near her the rest of the night. We had another play date last night when we went for Thanksgiving. Gabby wound up in the back room and didn't venture out. My two nieces were very good watching her and making sure she was okay while we were there.
- Went shopping today - my AmEx card is smokin'!
- Watching a very close GA/Ga Tech football game, so far, the Dawgs are winning! Go Dawgs! Shocked to learn tonight that Chris pulls for Tech when they play GA, not sure how THAT slipped by me. Oh crap, it's tied again!
- Tech missed the PAT, so UGA is winning again...
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Random things
There's been so much going on lately that I've neglected the blog, so I'm going to take a page out of my friend Ashley's book and do a bullet list:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Go Dawgs! Love the random post. Congrats on the Kindle and new laptop! We need a Gabby Blog Post! :)
Post a Comment