A myriad of things going through my mind this morning. I think a bullet point list is in order:
- Wondering if Leona is remembering the shirt folding trick I taught her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AWQ5aBjgE My mom actually sent it to me to see if we could do it. She said she thought Chris would be able to master it. He watched it one time and got it, and after a few tries, managed to teach me. Now, I use it all the time. Just re-watching that video, I realize that I start out on the right shoulder, and they start on the left shoulder, but oh well, the result is the same. Leona liked it, and she got it after two tries - so I think maybe she'll stick with it. She said she makes hospital corners on her bed, so I'm thinking this may be her new thing. I was thinking about this because I'm in the midst of doing a week's worth of laundry.
- Thinking about Willy a lot this morning because I went back and read through some of my older blog posts. Of course, I think about him daily. I would think I'd be further along in the healing process of missing my little boy, but let's face it, I'm just not. I get sad every day, but I do smile when I think of him too. If he was here right now, he'd be next to me, because he always was in tune with my moods. He'd know I was upset and would be loving on me. Gabby doesn't have the same instinct. I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed with that. It was always a comfort to me, and that is one of the things I miss more than anything. That, and watching his expressive tail. I could tell his mood by his tail.
- Eminent Domain - read my old post here: http://juleebean.blogspot.com/2009/11/eminent-domain.html - an update. The county didn't pass the SPLOST last year that was going to pay for the purchase of our building. This year, they voted to renovate the current courthouse and not put the expansion of the courthouse on the ballot. So, it looks like we are staying in place. It's really a relief in some ways, because moving an office is TONS of work that goes on for months in preparation, and months after - getting settled, changing address, etc, etc. But, on the other hand, it would have been exciting. But, all in all, it's okay.
- Weight Watchers - I simply have GOT to get back in the right frame of mind! I've let myself gain 6 pounds back. While, that's not a horrible amount, it is still a G.A.I.N. I haven't gone back up a size. I'm still in a 14 pant (down from size 18, and even bigger than that at different points.) Heck, I even bought a size 12 recently, a cute little black skort (yes, skort). It fits, but could fit a tad better. I'm stoked to be in a size 12 anything!
- The Johns Hopkins Spine Line - my case is on there. Put there by my neurosurgeon. You see, I'm having more difficulties relating to my spine. Turns out EVERY disc in my C-spine is either bulging or degenerating. One of my thoracic discs is bulging, but none of that significant enough to cause the symptoms I've been having since March or April this year. I don't want to give TMI, so I'll highlight one of the main symptoms, and that is when I walk any distance, my legs go numb from the waist down, and when I bend my head forward, I get an electric type jolt from my waist running down to my feet. There is actually a name for that, it's called Lhermitte's Sign - who knew?! Anyway, my neurosurgeon is at a loss, we've done MRIs, CTs, vascular tests, some ultrasounds... nothing pointing to anything. I told him that I actually expected that, and realize it's probably something that I'm going to have to learn with. He told me that HE wasn't satisified with that, and considers himself meticulous. The Spine Line didn't offer him any help. So, he's referring me to a different neurosurgeon before we throw our hands up in the air. He told me that the next test will probably be a lumbar puncture, because there could be an issue with the spinal fluid pressures... stay tuned!
- Favorite music artist right now is Adele. Recorded the CD to my Music Collection hard drive on my car, and it has been playing constantly ever since, well, except for last night when Chris was riding with me, and it ISN'T his music obsession, so he took control of the channel surfing on XM.
- Loving my new car. I am still a wee bit shocked that I bought myself a brand spanking new 2012 BMW X5

- Chris is building a wonderful storage shed with a ton of help from his Dad. His mom is also pitching in, and well, so am I a little. Of course, I'm footing the bill, so that counts as helping, but I've also done some of the manual labor - mostly holding this, and handing that... but it is a contribution. I'm excited to see the end result. And, I'm excited to get things moved out there so the X5 can claim her spot in the garage.
- Do you name your cars? I have had some that I did, and some that didn't get christened with a name. However, I did name the X5. I named her Pippa. I chose that name because she is the sporty hot sister to the luxury cars. (even though, I have to admit, Pippa is pretty luxurious herself, I'm finding myself very much liking having a BMW).
- Soccer season is here. Going later today to see my nephew play.
- My Dad and Mom have a new puppy. Her name is Missy. She got off to a rough start at their house though when one of the cats took a swipe at her and punctured her eye. She had to have surgery, but she's recovering nicely, and we're very hopeful that she's not going to lose sight in that eye. I haven't met her yet, but I'm told she is a very sweet little girl. My Dad is taking her to obedience classes. He's very excited and already very attached to her according to my Mom.
Last night was Chris's aunt's birthday dinner at his Grandmother's house. The person of honor (and any other family members who had a birthday in that same month) get a red You Are Special Spode plate to eat on, and gets to go first in line.
I'm still praying for my friends facing health issues. My friend with breast cancer is having a tough time, I'm going to stop by for a quick visit with her today.
I went to Emory Hospital to the Transplant Center with my friend who is on the list to get a liver transplant. His appointment was this past Monday. The doctor feels like he will get a liver within the next month or two. He said if he hasn't gotten one by the end of September, he's going to write a letter to the committee to try to get him moved up higher on the list. Praying for his liver has at times to me seemed so odd, because when he gets a liver, that means someone died. What will be happy for us, will be devastating to someone else.
Another friend's daughter is expecting again. Okay, so my friends are grandparents now! Yikes!
Work has been keeping me VERY busy lately. It seems though, the hardest part of my job is having to deal with OTHER people's moods. Come on people, we all have to be there 8 hours a day (at least, even though mine are usuallly 9 or 10...), getting along makes the day so much easier! Constant interruptions to deal with this problem or that problem really hampers my productivity. I am very thankful to have a job, and a job that I like. A job that affords me the capability of having Pippa... and health insurance, and a house, and food... you know, stuff like that.
There are tons more things swirling through my mind, I'll think of something and by the time I get to the next bullet point, something else has put itself in the forefront of my thoughts, and pushing the other thoughts back... and these days, it's hard to retrieve those thoughts that aren't first and foremost in line. I am looking at the time though, and I need to start getting ready to leave for the soccer game and visit to my friend.
1 comment:
Seems to me like our brains are on the same wavelength today... so much going on and no organization to it what so ever... You are an awesome person Julie and it is an honor to know you. Have a wonderful night.
Post a Comment