Sunday, September 4, 2011

Update time

I left off with my lung surgery -- well, not even a month later, my gallbladder decided it needed some attention.  So, back to the O.R. it was.  The staff was like "you look familiar..." And a month after that, I had to go in for the day for a CT myelogram, when I walked in, this time the staff was "you're back!" 

Copays have been taking a huge bite out of my budget!  I'm so ready for all of this stuff to be over.  Alas, I have a couple of MRIs scheduled for next week.  And then, I'm going to hang it up with the doctors for a while unless I get some news that I can't ignore. 

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that some things, I'm just going to have to learn to live with.  And, to that end, I've been living with them for a while, so I kind of have a head start huh?

Gabby has had a couple of issues herself - we've been assigned the fun job of wiping her hiney with an antibiotic cloth, and you can rest assured that she likes it even less than we do.

A week after she was at the vet for that, she started limping.  I thought she'd hurt her paw, but couldn't tell anything, so I took her in again.  I had to leave her.  They called me that afternoon and asked if they could sedate her to examine her, because she was a really unhappy little girl.  I said sure.  Turns out, she had hurt her shoulder.  Poor girl. 

I won't so quickly say yes when they ask me if they can sedate her again.  She must have had some horrible hallucinations - she howled and hissed and growled for 24 hours!  All I wanted to do was hold her and all she wanted was for me to get out of her sight.  I felt so bad!  I called the vet, and they promised me it would wear off.  I was very happy when I got home from work the next day and sweet Gabby greeted me!

So, now, not only are we wiping her hiney, I have to spice up her food with some "kitty cat yogurt", a medication for her shoulder, and her preventative L-lysine.  She gets so impatient with me while I'm mixing it all up every morning. 

Her tummy issue is better, but not resolved.

She has started playing again!!  She must have been hurting for a while, but I didn't pick up on it.  She would be interested in playing, and would make a half-hearted effort - I just thought she was bored with our games.  She makes up games, and I play along.  She's been very snuggly lately, so I'm glad about that.


We are building a storage building in the back yard.  Well, let me clarify that, CHRIS is building the building.  His Dad is first assistant, and I am the 2nd assistant.

They are doing a great job.  I'm excited to see it come together.  And now, I want a gazebo...

My friend in need of a liver transplant is now on the transplant list.  We are now just waiting on that phone call.

My friend battling breast cancer is dealing with a spread of the cancer to her spinal fluid.  She's a fighter, cancer's a loser.

I have a friend coming from Phoenix in a few days to stay a week, I'm really excited to get to see her again!



No comments: