So, I had the biopsy last week, spent a lovely night in the hospital with a tube sticking out of my chest. I've been through a lot of surgery and experienced a lot of pain in my life. I will say that lung surgery is like no other pain I've ever felt before. Imagine a fire spreading across your chest while someone is repeatedly stabbing you and not being able to catch a breath at the same time. h.u.r.t.s.
They did a frozen section during the surgery and found out it was not cancer. :)
The final pathology has come back, it is nodular lymphoid hyperplasia. Apparently nothing to worry about.
My incisions are healing. Skin is very sensitive and the left side of my chest feels numb, and now it is starting to itch. A small price to pay for finally KNOWING.
So - day before yesterday, I had to go to a different doctor and ended up having a minor procedure. I ended up in respiratory distress and being put on an ambulance and taken to the emergency room. It was such a scary experience. Part of me knew that it was going to be okay, I was surrounded by medical personnel, and part of me was terrified, because when it first started happening, I could not breathe at all. I couldn't speak. The PA was very attentive and realized that something had gone really wrong. They all responded promptly and very professionally.
I've been a little weepy this past week - maybe part of it is from being put on a ventilator during the surgery, and part of it going into respiratory distress, and relief, and worry, and pain, and the stress of things piling up on my desk at the office. The little ambulance ride cost me a couple more days at home taking it easy while things at work kept piling on. I think of how differently things could have gone on so many accounts.
Today I find out I have 4 leaky heart valves. What's the saying "getting old ain't for sissies"? And then this afternoon, I had a to have a medical test that was by far the most mortifying thing I've ever had to do. I won't go into the details of it, but I sure hope they got the information they need! I won't voluntarily do that again!
I do wish all of my body systems would start playing together nicely.
The main thing is that the question mark about what was in my lung has been removed, and me and Chris and my family and friends have been able to breathe a sigh of relief. Thank you God for answering our prayers.
1 comment:
so happy that you have that part figured out...I also wish that all of your bodily systems would start playing nice.
Once you're feeling up to it, maybe we should try to get lunch and catch up!
Post a Comment