Saturday, March 29, 2008

Small towns

When I was growing up, living in a small town was the worst thing parents could do to a kid! AND on top of that, make you live 7 miles out of town in the country.

From 1990 - 2006, I lived in a medium sized city. Two years ago, I moved closer to the big city where I work, but chose to live in the small town nearby. Today, Chris asked me to go to town and buy a wheelbarrow. He said it would be unassembled, so it would fit in my car. He said he'd have to put it together when I got it home.

I arrived, one of the employees was outside, and I asked him if he thought the already assembled wheelbarrow would fit in the trunk of my car, he said he'd give it a try. Well, it wouldn't work. So, I was thanking him for trying, and said I'd just get the other one, when a man walked over, asked how far I was going. I told him less than 5 minutes and the general vacinity. I didn't know this man, but felt comfortable telling him. He was in a county water department truck. He said he was working just down the road from where I live and he would follow me home and bring the wheelbarrow in his truck.

Thanks Larry. Living in a small town gets more and more appealing as you get older.

No comments: