Sunday, March 30, 2008


So... this sunflower looks a little "cropped" doesn't it? Today was Chris's grandmother's 88th birthday party. In addition to her gift, we had bought her a bouquet of sunflowers. But... we forgot them. Once we got home, I went to find them. They were on the living room table. I put them in my grandmother's old tea picture with some water. I noticed that they looked funny. I had really checked them out at the store, so I was a bit confused. Then it dawned on me... Willy had full access to them! So, I went back into the dining room and found sunflower petals lying on the table... yep, he was caught. Willy had eaten the petals.

That cat does love a plant - no matter what it is. I have to put any flowers I get behind closed doors. He knows they are in there and will sit outside the door and meow, wanting to get into the room they are in. He will also try his best to get in if you go in, it can be a challenge.

So, even if Chris's grandmother didn't get to enjoy the sunflowers, Willy did.





No comments: