Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend trip

A friend invited us and my friend Nicole to go up to Helen, GA to spend the weekend in a cabin a friend of his lets him use. We arrived about 5:30 in the afternoon on Friday. Jim had a dinner of steak and shrimp waiting for us along with some bruschetta as an appetizer.

We had a great time relaxing. On Saturday, we "tubed" down the river. I could not believe the price was only $5 a person! They take you up the river in a bus, hand you a tube as you exit the bus. You get in the water and about 2 hours later, you arrive back where you started. It was a slow and easy trip. Plan on making that a must do whenever weather permits on future trips. Chris did lose a croc. He stepped out to get wet, and stepped in muck, and the river literally sucked his shoe right off of his foot. We looked, but couldn't find it. So, when Nicole and I went shopping, I was able to find him a new pair.




We had lots of good German food. The hot tub was great. The cabin was wonderful! Secluded, Chris and I walked down a trail leading from the yard and found a cave. We didn't venture in the cave though. Later, when back in the house, we noticed the black bear safety tips on the fridge, so it was probably one of the wiser moves we made.




No comments: