Several months ago, some of our neighbors got the bright idea of asking for speed breakers to be installed on our road.
I was not, and still am not happy about this.
Every time I leave the house, and everytime I come home, I have to go over two sets of speed breakers. Not only that, but they are ugly. Bright yellow. Thank goodness I can't see them from my house.
Recently a whole gaggle of ducks appeared in the neighborhood, they were hanging out at the houses that line the pond.
I was glad they were staying down the hill. I wasn't crazy about duck poop in the yard.
Now, they've taken to spending time in the road, so you have to stop at speed breakers AND when the ducks are crossing. Yesterday, I had to stop while they chased each other back and forth across the road.
Today, we had the back door open to listen to the rain.
We heard what we thought were ducks. Guess what, we'd been gaggled!
12, count em, 12.
They were having a blast in our yard. They made themselves at home.
They stayed a while.
Willy came to investigate, and didn't quite know what to make of them. I guess this was the first time he'd ever seen ducks.
He watched them for a few minutes...
And then, he retreated to just inside the back door, and watched from afar.
3 comments:
Jules, I hate to be the one to point this out, but...you could be the reason for the spead breakers.
Well, I could be... and I choose to show em that they just weren't smart enough... I can get up to 35or 40 really quickly between the sets - silly neighbors.
Plus, now sometimes, we don't abide by the wave rule. We've become a little snooty. We casually toss out our waves, if we toss them at all. So there.
hahahaa!!
so funny. *those* pictures!
Post a Comment