I went in search of my yearbook from the year Ronda and I were in 9th grade together. I can't find it anywhere, and I'm bummed. I know I have a few other pictures of her, but where those are escapes me at the moment.
While on the search for the yearbook, I ran across a couple of boxes of old letters - jackpot! I found a stack of letters from Ronda. I read several of them, and oh -- what problems we had at age 16. I was laughing out loud at some of them. At least I'm able to smile some in the midst of the tears.
Several times over the years, I've thought that I should just throw those boxes away, but tonight, I'm so glad that I never did!
That's one thing I miss in the age of email and chat and text messaging - is the tangible letter, seeing the handwriting, the extra expression in the words expressed with underlining or hearts to dot i's.
The letters from her span several years, so I'll sit down, probably tomorrow and read through all of them.
I also ran across names long forgotten and names of those I still love and keep in contact with.
Maybe I'll write someone a letter soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment