The loss of a friend of 30 years this week has understandably left me a wee bit emotional. I'm finding myself stumbling across a memory and all of the sudden, I'm crying. Sometimes I'm laughing.
I am kind of amazed at how much joy a box of old letters has brought me.
Today, I sat down and wrote some letters to friends. It felt good. I highly recommend it.
I've always had a love of paper. Growing up, just give me some stationery and I was a happy girl. I guess that scrapbooking was a natural progression. When it came time to write the letters, I couldn't find any stationery! Bummer. So, I opted for whatever I could find.
Tonight, after a trip to Bass Pro, then Carrabba's, we found ourselves at Wal-Mart. I was strolling along and saw "stationery". Jackpot! Or so I thought. Wal-Mart, you are officially ON NOTICE (as kindredly would say). Where's the stationery?! I feel you misled me. I walked up and down that aisle, but there were no pretty pads of paper and matching envelopes to choose from!
I was disappointed. I ended up buying a notebook with a pretty cover. So, until I find some real stationery, the lined paper torn out of a notebook is just gonna have to do.
And you know what, that's perfectly okay! Every letter Ronda wrote me was on notebook paper, and they brought me just as much joy as if they'd been written on the finest stationery you could find.
Eron told me Ronda's funeral was beautiful. I would have loved to have seen the photo montage of her life. I'm so glad Eron was able to go. I went down to the river today, and walked along the paved path while her funeral was underway 1,000 miles away. I laughed and cried. I miss my friend, knowing that we'll never have that reunion, at least not on this earth. I'm comforted knowing she is in Heaven.
1 comment:
aww...this post is sweet. I'm sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment