Thursday, September 16, 2010

Typical? Not really.

My day today was a typical day. I was running a little behind, but I don't have to punch a clock, and I'm never really "off". Work is a phone call away.

Even though the mechanics of the day are the same, I seem to be running on some high energy level. I think it was awareness. Awareness that my typical day is so unlike the day my very dear friend is having.

It's her first round of chemo. It's 8 years to the day when she was first diagnosed with breast cancer. It's back, chemo is back, fighting for her life again. I look at the clock, wondering if they've started the infusion yet, and if so, how much longer she has left to go today.

I wonder how she's doing. I get interrupted, again. Typical. My thoughts are diverted, but only for a short time. My mind instantly wanders back to my friend.

My work day is over, but my thoughts and my prayers are with my friend. I am hoping she is getting some rest after a grueling day.

Thinking of you my friend.

No comments: