Saturday, April 9, 2011

I'm feelin' groovy

I'm feelin' groovy, come on get happy!

Yesterday afternnon, I went to my Goddaughter's 10th birthday party.  I hadn't seen her, nor the rest of her family, since May of 2010.  We all lead busy lives, and there is the occasional text or email.  I had not told any of them about my weight loss efforts.

As the day of the party grew near and I got more excited about seeing all of them because I miss them since life changed because I moved to a different city and my job took me literally in a different direction.

I shopped and found Ella just the perfect gift.  Her favorite thing right now is Vera Bradley.  Luckily I found a store nearby my office that sells her product line. 

The way the afternoon unfolded, and each person arrived - I got to see the reactions to my weight loss - talk about NSV's!  I'm at 41 pounds loss right now, and feeling so good about that.

I think the best one was when Karina did a double take - her jaw dropped, and I could see it registering with her.  She told me that she was trying to figure out which mom I was and which kid I was there to pick up, and then she realized it was me.

All of the reactions were great, and it is such a positive reinforcement - so yeah, I'm feelin' groovy.

No comments: