Sunday, January 13, 2008

Birthday party




My niece decided she wanted a "camera theme" birthday party this year for her 6th birthday. Yes, she came up with the idea all on her own. This is the cake her mother made! Too cute! The "screen" on the digital camera is a cookie she painted. They had set up a self portrait photo booth - my brother (the photographer) had rigged up one of his cameras with a remote, so you could stand in front of the camera and snap away! People were having fun, some hammed it up. I heard several people comment how much they enjoyed that. My brother is sending every one a CD of their photos.
The pinata was home made too - it was in the shape of a camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love that cake Jules and what a great idea for a birthday party. That was so cool of your brother to set up a self portrait booth. What a fantastic idea. I bet the photos are a hoot :) Actually that's a really good idea for any sort of party (even one for adults.)
xxx Lynn