
My parents, George and B.J., cutting the cake. You'll notice the "Gone blackberry pickin" sign. Whey they eloped 50 years ago, my mother told her mother that she was going blackberry pickin' with a friend. So, I had this cake custom designed. It was delicious!!
It was also a big hit. Everyone loved it. Most importantly, Mama and Daddy loved it.
The party itself was wonderful. We were busy setting up, stopped to get dressed, started back working on the final details, and I looked up and the room was full! People were coming in both doors. I think we had at least 100 people there. My parents are wonderful people and it made me happy to know so many people love and care about them.
I think they enjoyed the entire party.
Once I got home, I realized that I had actually enjoyed the party and not worried about taking pictures. Nicole took most of the ones I have from the night, Chris also took some. My brother and his wife took a lot -- I just hope I actually get to SEE them. (hint, hint... I know you're reading this)
By the time I got home, I could barely put one foot in front of the other I was so tired, I didn't make it to the office until 1:00 pm the next day -- but it was all worth it. I love you Mama and Daddy - congratulations on 50 years of marriage.
Thanks to everyone who helped me with the party - Nicole, Joel, Virginia, Chris, my brothers, sister, and sisters-in-laws. Even Mama -- she couldn't help herself, she baked some of the goodies. Thanks for the butterscotch bars made by Cheryl. I hope I'm not missing anyone - it's a full work week later and my first chance to really take a little time to rest.
We did a memory box for them as our gift (that and the party) -- each of us contributed memories of our lives. I typed up each one of them next to a piece of clip art of a basket of blackberries. I printed them on cardstock and used my trimmer to cut them all out the same size. Bene' found a great box for them. So, each day, my parents can pull out a memory to enjoy. (Thanks Aunt Sally for the last minute adjustments!) I know I had fun reading the memories given to me by others, and sitting down to put my own memories on paper. I hope they enjoy this gift, and I think they will.

No comments:
Post a Comment