It has to be a conspiracy - my hands both got together and conspired to take me completely by surprise and throw me for a loop. So, yeah, they started acting up - being numb when I'd wake up, hurt, etc. The pain would go to my elbow or shoulder, but not often. My hand swelled - ONE time. Sure, I have lost tactile sensation in my hands, but that was really gradual - irritating because it made me have the dropsies all the time.
So, one day it was really bad and I had a doctor's appointment anyway - it was the day the hand swelled. He prescribed a splint and an EMG. Got the splint right away, it helped some, but was really 2 days before I could take the splint off for any length of time. Well, fast forward to yesterday, I had the EMG done. Carpal tunnel? Yes - no surprise there. Bad carpal tunnel - well, figured I had it, but not that it was all that bad. Wrong - it's advanced to the point that I have motor nerve damage, and it's "critical" for me to get it fixed surgically - soon. Well, that's the right hand. The left one is bad as well she said, but it can wait a little before I get it fixed, but I've got to move on the right hand.
Suggestions, tricks for using your non-dominant hand for everything?
Next time hands - send good surprises.
1 comment:
My comment is attached to this post because a certain someone we know didn't blog about her own birthday...
Happy Birthday Blondie!!
- Chris
Post a Comment