I know that I have a reputation at work for being somewhat "hard" at times - but after 20 years of doing this, you have to be able to turn the emotion off. I had to fire someone today. I like the person, but the job performance wasn't there. She'd only been with us for a short time, but when you show zero initiative, you leave me with no choice but to turn the emotion off and be hard.
But, I can come here and blog about it, about the fact that it does bother me. I wish I didn't have to do that part of my job - but it was what was right for the corp. and for the other employees.
1 comment:
I completely understand. At my job, I'm the "mean" one. Silly me thinks that people should be competent and do their job without me holding their hand.
Post a Comment