Saturday, December 19, 2009

Scheduled

Looks like I'm starting off the new year with surgery. Right hand surgery is scheduled for January 6th. We'll schedule the left hand when the right hand is healed enough. The neurosurgeon who I was seeing anyway, took one look at my EMG and said he is very concerned about my hands and set me up to see the orthopedic surgeon the very next day, who was also concerned about how far advanced the carpal tunnel syndrome is. He told me that I already have permanent damage - bummer. Said I might get some improvement, but he wouldn't guarantee it, but that he could stop the progression.

I am still so surprised, feels like this came out of nowhere, when obviously it didn't because of how bad it is. It's been a sneaky little problem, I just adjusted as time went by I guess. Too much other stuff to worry about.

Meeting that $1,000 deductible EARLY!

No comments: