Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bunny killer

We have rabbits living in our yard. We've co-existed with them peacefully for over two years now. I like seeing them when I come home, or leave for work in the morning.

Chris called me outside this morning, just outside the garage door, one of the rabbits was lying dead on the pavement.

The only thing we can figure is that we have a bunny killer in our midst. Every now and then, there is a yellow cat that will come and hang out in the back yard. Just lie there for a while and then disappear. We may see him for days in a row, and then not for several weeks.

He showed up yesterday. This morning we have the dead bunny. We think he was bringing us a present because he put it by the door. Growing up in the country, I know cats do this - kill something and bring it to you. I hope this does not become a regular event.

Now, we are debating on who gets to remove the bunny from the driveway. I just can't do it!

2 comments:

ashley said...

poor bunny!

Anonymous said...

An update via Chris:

A few months later I saw a grey fox gliding through our back yard during the very early morning hours. It might have been the yellow cat, but too, a fox is more than capable of leaving us a present. Maybe the fox is why we haven't seen the yellow cat since the rabbit was discovered.

P.S. Your't truly handled the decedent fur-bearer services.