Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cinnamon, sugar, butter and bread...

We finish the low country boil. We're stuffed, but you know sometimes you just need that dessert, that touch of something sweet.

Chris was in the pantry trying to find something to top off his meal. I suggested cinnamon toast. I don't know where that idea came from. I love cinnamon toast. I used to eat it for breakfast when I was growing up. I don't know when I drifted away from cinnamon toast. I don't know the last time I thought about having some.

Chris turned and looked at me, and wanted to know why I suggested it. I said I don't know, I just did. He said that is one of his all time favorite "treats". And he said it has to be prepared just so. Anyone who has heard me talk about Chris in the kitchen knows that he is very particular and I typically just stand back and hand him this, hand him that, or set the table. So, he stepped back and said he was going to watch me prepare it.

I managed to get one slice of bread buttered before he couldn't help it and had to assist. He buttered the bread and I applied the cinnamon. Turns out we both like it done exactly the same way. I know that's a little thing in the scheme of things, but it was a neat thing to discover after 3 years together.

We sat down and enjoyed our treat. And we've decided that we will have more cinnamon toast in our house. Mmm mmm good.

No comments: