Friday, December 7, 2007

Water pumps and a wonderful man

Yesterday, Chris went out to the rental property I have because the tenant called and there was no water. After ruling out several minor things, he determined it must be the well pump! He arrived at that conclusion because of testing the wires and that there was nothing happening at the point where it should be happening. (His explanation is much more comprehensive than mine) I almost cried, I knew it would be expensive. I was on "vacation" (12 work phone calls fielded, and a water pump issue), so I got in my car and drove the 40 minutes to get there. When I arrived, the professional we called in was already there.

The well was drilled in 1985 and has worked without problems for 22 years, so I can't complain too much. After checking things out, they were able to drain the tank and re-pressurize it, and it worked! Chris changed out the switch and all is good!

Seems the company that put it in all those years ago, wired it in some convoluted fashion. They used interior wire when they should have used underground wire. I won't go into all of that, but no matter. It is working! The service call only cost $79 instead of the $1600 he told us it would take to replace the pump. Thank you God.

Chris is the wonderful man I'm referring to. He is amazing when it comes to this type of thing. I am so glad he is in my life for all sorts of reasons, and this is one of them. The best reason though is his heart. Thank you Chris.

No comments: