So, we got the results on Willy's pathology. It came back as malignant, a chondrosarcoma. So, the toe has to be amputated. It was scheduled to be done yesterday, but the Vet had some medical problems of her own and was in the hospital.
We have rescheduled it for Monday.
Chris has been so wonderful and supportive through all of this.
I have been such an emotional basket case about this. My brain tells me that the amputation is the right thing, the only thing to do. I know this, and that is the route we are going. On the other hand, my heart is so heavy about it all. The thought of him losing his toe is so hard to think about, but if it gets rid of the cancer, it will be worth it. I feel so badly because I can't explain to him what is happening to him. He has always picked up on my moods - when I am sick, or hurting, he is right there next to me, or lying on me, taking care of me. I'm trying hard to stay positive because the day I got the diagnosis, I lost it at home, and he picked up on it and got upset himself. Today, I had a migraine, and there he was, right beside me. He knew I wasn't feeling well.
At least he is going into the surgery on Monday so much better than he was on Thursday. He'd had a rough few days, so at least we had a little extra time for him to get stronger. A few more days for the vet to get stronger and feeling better, and a few more days for me to feel better emotionally about all of this. I've enjoyed seeing my little guy back to being his usual self. I needed that.
And yeah, chondroyousucksarcoma... but we're going to beat you.
No comments:
Post a Comment